RE: Binary for celinux 2.4.20 kernel (MIPS RISC)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:55:18 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, ErrolLeRoux wrote:

>> Most likely none, but the upside is that building your own binary from
>> source
>> is really simple.

> I have downloaded the source and I compiled it for OpenSUSE 10.1.
> It compiled.

> I have a cross compiler loaded on this machine to compile for
> My CeLinux 2.4 Embedded system.

> Do you have a different Makefile for Cross Compiling?
> I don't want to mess up the OpenSUSE binaries.

Welcome to the fun world of linux and cross-compiling. First, cross-compiling
is not something unique for curl or libcurl, but is done the same way for all
programs that use configure so you should be able to read up and learn how to
do this in better places that provide actual help and docs on how to do this.
(Even though our docs/INSTALL offers a bunch of details on how to do it.)

We provide a configure script and you should use that. When you build and
install cross-compied software, you OF COURSE make sure that they don't mix
with software built for other platforms or the host tools.

Another option is of course to seek docs that are related to the distro you
use, or see if other users of celinux might already have made a package that
you can use.