Re: strange memory "leak" with libcurl, ssl, network errors

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:12:48 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, michael schuster wrote:

>> I edited away the glib-related details from the curltest.c example and when
>> running as instructed I can see the curltest process use the same amount of
>> memory all the time...
>
> I'd be interested in your rationale for removing glib details - can you
> please expand?

Primarily I wanted to remove them as I don't have any glib devel package
installed and I didn't want to bother with that, but then I also thought that
the test might even get better without glib since I then remove a 3rd party
thing that we don't want to risk having anything to do with the problem at
hand.

So if you don't get any leaks with my modified version it does give me the
feeling that the problem was more related to the glib stuff than anything
else.