Re: unicode username and NTLM authentication issue in libcurl.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 14:14:19 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Raghavan C.L.V. wrote:

> I was following the bug thread reg. the curl Unicode NTLM authentication
> problem,
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/curl-library@cool.haxx.se/msg02691.html). It is
> not clear to me if this bug is fixed in cURL library.

That's a discussion we had, in which we talked about how to solve a problem
with NTLM and unicode. I don't think it ever got to a point where an actual
patch was posted or made by anyone.

> I checked the list of open bugs and the closest to the bug description above
> is
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2944325&group_id=976&atid=100976,
> which is still in open state.

That bug report was filed two days ago so I don't think it's too shocking to
see that it's still open... And btw, as you've already seen the discussion
linked to above, this bug is not easily resolved either.

I'll of course welcome every step towards a fix or resolution for this
problem. I don't personally *ever* use NTLM but I wrote our implementation. I
also don't have any test servers that insist on unicode that this problem
seems to require so it's not that easy for me to work on this...