Re: Memory leak in libcurl 7.18.2 ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 23:55:14 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, Rahul Rathi wrote:

> Are there any memory leaks in libcurl version 7.18.2 ?
>
> We are using lubCurl to upload lots of files(spanning GBs). The curl handles
> are being shared for multiple requests.The application was eating up as much
> as 1.5 GB of memory sometimes.

I think you should be able to scan the changelogs as good as anyone else. If
you did, you'd see that there have been a few leaks fixed since 7.18.2 but
none that should be that big within a reasonable time frame.

I would suggest you use valgrind or some other decent tool to track down where
the leak is, as the chances are fairly big that they are in your code. And if
they are in libcurl, try upgrading to a more recent version to see if they
disappear. If they _still_ appear in a recent version, please tell us a lot
more details.