Re: SIGTERM signal interrupt

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:58:43 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, miniko_at_gmx.net wrote:

(Original mail is at http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2010-02/0013.html I'm
cc'ing this to the curl-library list as that's where libcurl-related
discussions belong.)

> I have a huge problem with my program that uses many Curl handles. Each Curl
> handel used in his own thread and runs in an infinite loop.
>
> My code in the threads that concern the curl handle:

> try{
> result = curl_easy_perform(curl); //OK
> }
> catch(...){
> }

libcurl is plain C and cannot and will not ever cause a C++ exception: that
try catch thing is pointless.

What libcurl version are you using? Are you also getting URLs involving SSL,
like HTTPS or FTPS?

> Before I create the threads I called the 'curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_ALL)'
> function. All things seems ok and the program runs, but after a while it was
> interrupted by an SIGTERM signal.

> Is it possible that the SIGTERM signal depends on things that are done in
> the curl lib?

Possibly, yes, but it could also be your code causing it.

> My operating system is linux and I was working on an powerpc 405 platform.

A good way to figure out what's happening is to run gdb and catch the crash at
the moment it happens.