Re: SFTP / SCP send resume and preserve file attributes

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 15:44:40 +0200

On 21 February 2010 13:09, Don Filippo <filippo.corleone_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have got few questions. Firstly, I wanted to know is there any possibility
> to preserve file attributes (principally creation time and modification
> time) when sending file to remote server using SCP or SFTP? Also, I wrote
[...]

I don't know the answer in general, but in the case of creation time,
there is no such thing on a Unix/Linux filesystem. Perhaps if you
were running an SSH server on Windows or some other platform that
supports a creation timestamp for files that could work, but not on
Linux/Unix.

Whether this is supported would depend on the client (e.g. libcurl),
the protocol, the server (e.g. OpenSSH) and the OS that the server
running on.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>