HTTP Pipelining supported in same TCP packet?

From: Beatriz Rojo Martin <beatriz.rojo.martin_at_ericsson.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:07:46 +0100

Hi,

I wanted to use libcurl for HTTP connections with pipelining.

I saw there is a specific option: CURLMOPT_PIPELINING, but I think it's not as powerful as expected.

From http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_multi_setopt.html

        CURLMOPT_PIPELINING

        Pass a long set to 1 to enable or 0 to disable. Enabling pipelining on a multi handle will make it attempt to perform HTTP Pipelining as far as possible for transfers using this handle. This means that if you add a second request that can use an already existing connection, the second request will be "piped" on the same connection rather than being executed in parallel. (Added in 7.16.0)

I have tested it, but it only allows pipelining in different TCP packets. Is there any way to force to use the same TCP packet to send several HTTP requests? I'm really interested in such scenarios.

Thanks in advance,
Beatriz