connection re-use is stopped

From: Igor Novoseltsev <IgorN_at_radvision.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:05:19 +0200

Hi,

My customer uses libcurl 7.19.3 for client application, which manages
documents stored on XCAP Server (run on top of HTTP Server).

It connects always to the same server.

The MUTLI is used to enable asynchronous networking.
CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS is set to 10.

The connection, created for the first HTTP request, is successfully
reused for next requests.

Suddenly, for some reason, the libcurl starts to create new connections
to the same host.

The Wireshark capture shows that the first connection was not reset by
server.

Could you give me some ideas what can be a reason for such unexpected
behavior?

The attached are libcurl debug trace and Wireshark capture (the client
is 10.10.4.126, the server is 172.16.252.12).

In the attached trace, the libcurl starts to generate new connection at
line 62 (4 seconds after the first connection was created).

Note I failed to reproduce the problem on my machine,

Therefore at this moment I has no possibility to debug code / test the
newer libcurl.

Thank you in advance,

Igor