Re: HTTPS requests through a proxy without tunneling?

From: Steve Bernacki <curl_at_f.copacetic.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 21:30:11 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> [snip]
> Not that I can think of, no. If you would explain why this use case is
> sensible, then I migth agree to letting this ability get added to
> libcurl, but I must admit that I really cannot see how this can be a
> good idea.

I know it's pretty goofy, but what I'm trying to do is leverage a web
proxy (Squid, in this case) in front of my application for caching and
pipelining, since my application is partially functioning as a reverse
proxy and is receiving requests asynchronously, I'm trying to push the
connection optimization out to Squid rather than doing it myself.
According to this [1] post, Squid can handle this scenario by initiating
the SSL connection on the client's behalf.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@squid-cache.org/msg67239.html

Again, I know it's a pretty goofy scenario, but I thought I'd ask
anyway. Thanks for creating such a great library.

Steve