Re: NOSIGNAL option set but still receiving SIGPIPE

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:09:03 -0600

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:07 AM, John Lee wrote:

> Set easy options that apply to all handles: (NOSIGNAL, ...
> Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong and why SIGPIPE is still getting handled?

If I understand correctly, CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL prevents libcurl from
purposefully generating any signals on its own, but that doesn't
prevent the os or libc from generating signals as usual.

If you want for gdb to continue when it encounters a SIGPIPE
you can try issuing a command like:

  (gdb) handle SIGPIPE nostop pass

before running your program.

 - Jeff