Re: curl_multi_remove_handle closes easy handle, causes crash

From: Hauke Duden <h.ns.duden_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:19:34 +0100

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the quick response. I have done my best to distill this
down to as simple a program as possible (attached).

In doing so, I realized that my description was not completely
correct. It is essential that between the two requests happens ANOTHER
request to the same server, but via a different easy handle.

Once I realized that, I was able to further simplify this. One only
needs to perform one request with easy handle A, then the same request
with easy handle B, then close the handles. A crash follows. It now
seems that the crash is caused by handle A somehow still being
associated with the multi handle in some way, even though it has been
removed from it.

I have attached my test program. I don't know of any public FTP
servers, but I have tested it with 3 different ones and the server
does not seem to matter. Simply change the code of the function
initEasyRequest and enter the login details of any FTP server and it
should work (or rather, crash).

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Hauke