Re: After the first twelve years

From: Joshua Kwan <jkwan_at_vmware.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:19:45 -0700

Hi Daniel,

On 3/19/10 04:56, "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> The only sane way forward as I see things is to go git. With git we get much
> better handling of patches (git am), we get much better handling of original
> author (git am and git commit --author etc) and it allows for a lot more
> fancy stuff that might be handy at times (like offline work and branching
> and...).

Great! I knew I would sway you eventually. (Well, maybe it wasn't all me...)

> I'm experimenting with CVS conversion stuff right now so that we get the
> full history properly (well, since 1999 which is the furthest we have) and I
> think I'll then proceed and host the repo on github.

Remember that I already made a proper, full-history CVS import and that it
is hosted on my server at http://triplehelix.org/curl.git, you can compare
your results to mine.

And as always, feel free to ask me privately for any help too.

Here's to 12 more years!
-Josh