Re: After the first twelve years

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 06:24:02 +0100

2010/3/19, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> [...] just getting the code and doing a diff is exactly as easy to
> do with git as with CVS. One checkout operation, edit and then diff.

I agree with the above.

> [...] I think it is also a matter for us to help
> these more casual contributiors to do these simple operations as they truly
> are simple even with git. git is and can be complicated, but it really isn't
> for those very simple use-cases.

I hope someone creates a 'GIT for dummies' or whatever web page on
haxx.se with those basic operations for easy reference, so that any
help doesn't get buried in the mailing list.

Would it be possible to know which current autobuilds we might loose,
due to no GIT version available for specific systems or not allowed to
be installed on test machine?

Even if c-ares is moved to an independent repo it would be interesting
to not loose the capability of doing autobuilds with c-ares GIT
version.

--
-=[Yang]=-