Re: curl sftp shutdown error with MessageWay server

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:10:24 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010, Matt Wixson wrote:

> As suggested in the libssh2 group, I ran libssh2's sftp.c example. The
> libssh2 example works consistently with the MessageWay server, I can
> download any file without issue. Curl and libcurl, however, consistently
> hang after receiving the data and immediately before the message "SSH
> DISCONNECT starts now".

That of course hints that this is indeed a libcurl-problem.

> It appears there several differences between the sftp.c example and libcurl,
> such as blocking vs non-blocking.

You could try the non-blocking libssh2 example just to verify that it too is
working.

> I tried enabling blocking in libcurl

That's not really a sensible way forward anyway, not even as a work-around.

> Please let me know if there is anything else I can try...this seems to be an
> issue in libcurl with MessageWay.

You should stop trying to find a work-around and instead try to help us debug
the case. Extract information about what happened immediately before the hang
and please research exactly what the hang is and why and what libcurl does
when it hangs.

Does it only do this against this particular server or have to experienced it
on other servers?