The curl library finishes reading if Content-Length or Transfer-Encoding headers are not present

From: Michael Semenov <micsemen_at_cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:29:22 +0300

Hi guys,

I am from the XML Engineering of Cisco Systems Inc. We are using curl 7.10.1
as part of our product. If the incoming message doesn't have Content-Length
or Transfer-Encoding headers, curl can't determine length of the message and
doesn't read it. But according to section 4.4 (Message Length) of RFC 2616,
message length can be determined by closing the server connection if
"Transfer-Encoding" and "Content-Length" headers are not specified.

We tried to build product with curl 7.19.5(and afaik there is newest one)
and the issue disappeared. Unfortunately, we can not just upgrade curl to
7.19.5 because of modifications in curl code related to our product.

We were not able to found this bug in your bug
tracker(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=976
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=976&atid=100976> &atid=100976).
Could you please point to bug that resolves the described issue in curl?
Place in code that is responsible for this behavior will also help.

With best regards,
Michael Semenov,
Cisco Systems Inc.