Re: libCURL crash in __libc_res_nquery ()

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:11:14 +0200

On Sunday 28 of March 2010 15:43:18 Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010, Kamil Dudka wrote:
> > libcurl removes the original handler and the signal comes unhadled,
> > causing the application to crash.
>
> libcurl actually does its best to restore the original handler and
> alarm timeout after its done so it shouldn't just "remove it".

Yeah, that's the scenario you consider. Nevertheless the handler does not
seem to be installed in this case. If the mentioned patch triggers the issue
with unhandled signal (as replacement for the SIGSEGV issue), there may be
something wrong.

At least for me, the code of Curl_resolv_timeout() is really hard to read
(the preprocessor games, etc.) - that's why I asked for the curl_config.h,
so that I can carve out the code not being compiled.

Kamil