Re: relationship between LOC and libcurl version with git

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:56:20 +0200

On 29/03/2010, Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I then understand that GitHub web interface does not provide that
> info, and that a local installation of git binaries is required to
> carry out 'git describe --tags [hash]' on a local or maybe repote
> repo.

Ah, yes, a local git installation (usually called git-core in Linux
distros) is pretty much required to have full info access to the
three. I'm not familiar with github, but it seems its interface may be
a little bit reduced compared to the old cvs web interfaces we've
used.

When working locally you can also use some graphical tools, e.g.
'gitk' which is pretty good, particularly in visualising timeline-like
information.

-Tor