Re: libcurl - windows mobile 6

From: Kojiru Hyuga <kojiru_at_gmx.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 17:15:51 +0200

Hi again,

First of all thanks for the quick reply.

Here is what I have done so far and not managed to worked out a solution.

1. Went into lib folder of the libcurl package;
2. Open the solution file in VS 2005;
3. Compiled in LIB Debug mode replacing the preprocessor from WIN32 to _WIN32_WCE and addding CURL_STATICLIB;
4. Compilation was OK with 238 warnings (almost of them were referring macro redefinition of EAGAIN, ENOMEM and ENOSPC);

5. Opened my already existing and working Win32 Project for Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK (ARM4VI)
6. In the C/C++ properties of the project:
6a. General: Add the path to libcurl include folder (compiled previously);
6b. Preprocessor: Add the CURL_STATICLIB;

7. In the linker properties of the project:
7a. Add the path to the libcurld.lib file;
7b. Add the libcurld.lib filename in the dependicies file list;

8. Compiled the project with the following test code:

#include "curl/curl.h"

void Test(void)
{
 CURL* curl;
 CURLcode res;
 curl = curl_easy_init();
 if(curl)
 {
 curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT, "http://www.cnn.com");
 res = curl_easy_perform(curl);
 curl_easy_cleanup(curl);
 }
}

9. Two situations happened:
9a. First the compilation was complaining about the sys/types.h file that was not found; Why does this happen?
I have commented the lines inside the curl.h file to not include it for now and retry compilation.
9b. In the second compilation i found these errors:
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol curl_easy_cleanup referenced in function "void __cdecl Test(void)"
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol curl_easy_perform referenced in function "void __cdecl Test(void)"
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol curl_easy_setopt referenced in function "void __cdecl Test(void)"
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol curl_easy_init referenced in function "void __cdecl Test(void)"

What I did wrong or missed to do?

Thanks,
- P