Re: RFC: More imap patch.

From: Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:18:04 -0700

On 04/06/2010 05:11 PM, Guenter wrote:
> Hi Ben,
> Am 06.04.2010 20:50, schrieb Ben Greear:
>> That URL example is straight out of the RFC for IMAP URLs.
>> This will currently be a pain for users to interact with since we need
>> some
>> way to tell the users where one message stops and another starts. We'd
>> probably need new start-msg/stop-msg callbacks or something like that.
> I believe the right approach would be to save each message into a
> separate file, named either by the msgnum, or by its internal id. The
> other case would be if someone pipes stdout to file, but then its ok to
> have no further separators since then it would be close (if not
> identical) to raw mailbox format.

Imap doesn't include headers when you fetch the body, so it doesn't look
anything like mbox format, unfortunately.

At least in my case, I don't want it to save to files..I want all
data sent to my application via the write callback, so while we might
want an option to save as individual files...I don't want it to
be the only way of doing things.

Thanks,
Ben

--