Re: RFC: More imap patch.

From: Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 11:00:50 -0700

On 04/07/2010 12:48 AM, Michael Wood wrote:
> On 7 April 2010 02:18, Ben Greear<greearb_at_candelatech.com> wrote:

>> At least in my case, I don't want it to save to files..I want all
>> data sent to my application via the write callback, so while we might
>> want an option to save as individual files...I don't want it to
>> be the only way of doing things.
>
> I haven't really thought about this, so I apologise if this is a
> stupid suggestion :) but could the write callback be called with the
> message's ID, so that you know which message you're dealing with?
> i.e. so that you know that the current chunk of data given to the
> callback is for a different message than a previous chunk with a
> different message ID.
>
> I agree that just saving the messages to different files should not be
> the only option.

We could add another argument to the callback, taking a const void* or something
and pass protocol specific info back (const char* msg-id for imap, for example).

This would require a new callback in order to be backwards compat, and probably
a bit of changes to the curl core to pass the void* back properly.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>