Re: curl_easy_cleanup is crashing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:58:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010, Michael Schuster wrote:

>> http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-tutorial.html#Multi-threading
>
> how hard would it be for libcurl to do this on behalf of the application?

libcurl is already built to use a specific OpenSSL library, so it would be
easy for libcurl to know when and how to set the proper mutex callback.

The problematic part is that libcurl has currently no threading awareness and
thus it cannot mutex other threads. As there are numerous thread libraries and
many operating systems etc, it is something that takes some consideration etc.

But this said, I don't think those are problems we can't overcome. It is
mostly a matter of nobody having yet done the necessary work and efforts.