Re: VS2008 build issues

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 14:36:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Ruslan Gazizov wrote:

> curl_addrinfo.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> __imp__getaddrinfo_at_16 referenced in function _Curl_getaddrinfo_ex

> I fixed this winsock link error by replacing wsock32.lib with ws2_32.lib in
> Makefile.VC6 WINLIBS macro.

Strange. Why did you get this problem and how come others have managed to
build libcurl without this change? Is it related to what VS or Windows version
you run?

(And yes, I know very little about windows building in general.)

> 2. Also I needed to rename
> Makefile.dist -> Makefile
> .\include\curl\curlbuild.h.dist -> curlbuild.h
> .\src\hugehelp.c.cvs -> hugehelp.c
> Why those files got renamed in the first place?

Because you build from a source code checkout and not from a release tarball.
If you had read the file GIT-INFO which is in the root dir of a git checkout
you would've learned this! ;-)