Re: some NetWare build probs ...

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 14:33:44 +0200

On 9 April 2010 09:38, Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> Guenter schrieb:
>> Hi,
>> not sure from what recent commit these new failures come:
>> http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20100409052046-5678#prob1
>> but I assume that somewhere these symbols are unconditionally used, abut
>> not our curl-own ones ....
>> I will try hard to find some time to look at it this weekend, but
>> unfortunately I'm away from home the whole weekend and busy with
>> customer stuff, so unsure if I can dig into it ...
>> specially the strcasecmp() issue should be fixed before release since it
>> will most likely also break MSVC builds ...
> maybe that I'm here on the wrong track, and these symbols are used in
> OpenSSL where I also have some known probs with the CLIB builds, so its
> very likely that it is not a libcurl problem at all ...

By the way, "git bisect run <cmd>..." is very useful for automatically
tracking down bad commits like this if you can automate the "is this
commit bad" check. So you spend a few minutes up front writing a
script that can try to compile a given version of libcurl and exit
with 0 for "good" and 1 for "bad". Then tell git bisect the first
known bad revision (e.g. 10977f57) and the last known good revision
(e.g. curl-7_20_0) and let "git bisect run" do the rest.

This assumes you can run git on the platform you're trying to compile
on, but I suspect you are cross-compiling on Windows, so maybe it's
feasible?

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't thought of it.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>