libCurl 7.20.0 behaviour when handling HTTP 302 responses

From: Stefan Krause <Stefan.Krause_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:03:22 +0200

Hello friends of libCurl,

in case libCurl receives a HTTP 302 status, it automatically (if configured) send the HTTP request again to the URL received in the "Location" header. I observed, that in following GET requests to the same URL (no the new from "Location" header; the original one) on the same easy handle, libCurl uses the URL from the "Location" header received before. I expected, that libCurl would use the original URL here at first hand and not the redirection URL. RFC 2616 (see below) also describes my expected behavior.

Is the current behaviour the intended behaviour of libCurl in that case ?

"10.3.3 302 Found

The requested resource resides temporarily under a different URI. Since the redirection might be altered on occasion, the client SHOULD continue to use the Request-URI for future requests. This response is only cacheable if indicated by a Cache-Control or Expires header field."

Regards,
   Stefan