Re: Using libCurl over SSH Tunnel

From: Jérôme Patey <jerome_at_patey.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:49:46 +0200

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:00:18 +0200, Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 13 April 2010 18:03, Jérôme Patey <jerome_at_patey.net> wrote:
>> On 13/04/2010 14:06, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>>>
>>> Uhm, in fact you probably even better do this:
>>>
>>>  ssh -D 8080 [sshserver]
>>>
>>> As that will make OpenSSH do a SOCKS-proxy for you over that tunnel.
>>> With
>>> that up, you just point libcurl to use localhost:8080 as a socks
proxy,

>> Thing is: SSH server is already launched, and may not be OpenSSH at
>> all...
>> so I can't do this.
>
> This is done with the OpenSSH client, not the server.

OK, I have tried to compile OpenSSH as a library... and thing is: it can't
be done. Too many assumptions that we can kill the process and stuff.

Therefore, I can't use OpenSSH for that (I need to call C/C++ functions,
not access an external command).

Do you know any other ssh library able to act as a SOCKS proxy ?

Thanks,
Jerome

--
Jérôme Patey - jerome_at_patey.net