Re: LDAPS

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 01:18:47 +0200

Hi Ramakrishnan,
Am 18.04.2010 18:30, schrieb Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan:
> I am preparing the 7.20.1 curl debian packages and I noticed that the
> only test that fail in my machine for 'make test' is the test 1013
> (mismatches in the protocol list), where I have enabled ldaps in my
> configure but since it cannot find ldap_ssl.h or ldapssl.h, it has
> been turned off while building.
>
> I am wondering, which package provide ldap_ssl.h or ldapssl.h. I can't
> seem to find it.
there are Novell OpenLDAP extensions which provide it, but I doubt these
are available via debian packages ...

> If such a package cannot be provided by any other debian package, then
> I am planning to turn ldaps off in the configure.
well, if we now *only* check for the LDAP special ssl headers we are
probably doing something wrong; in the past I did build successfully
against OpenLDAP without Novell's extensions and thus without any
ldap*ssl.h ...

Günter.