Re: Changed behaviour in curl-7.20.1 ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:42:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Cosmin Luță wrote:

> Ok, I agree that this is a special case, but I find "couldn't connect"
> a little misleading because the host is actually accessible

Yes, but you abort the connect so it "fails".

> Think the old return code was better

Yes, but the previous libcurl version didn't call the progress callback in
that early situation before so it couldn't abort them! If you return an error
in the same situation that you did in the past, libcurl will return the same
error code!

The problem is that you assumed that your callback would never get called
until a certain point after the connect is completed, which was a wrong
assumption.