Re: libcurl delays SYN

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:55:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010, conchi wrote:

I changed the mail to have a subject!

> I see (with an ethernet sniffer) that the curllib is closing the socket
> without waiting this timeout.

If it fails or succeeds before the timeout, it certainly will.

> In fact, the problem I think, is that the curlib does not send the SYN
> inmediately, it delays some time before tryning to open the socket

It doesn't "delay" it. It reaches that point as soon as possible. Can you show
us an strace -t or similar output that shows the timing between system calls,
or similar?

> and when connect with the server, the timeout has reached and the library
> closes the socket.

The connect timeout (if that is indeed the timeout you used) is considered
ended when libcurl considers the connect phase to be passed. It differs a bit
beteen protocol to protocol and then also what options your app passes to it.

> I can attach a txt file with the ethernet sniffer results. See the last 4
> lines, please.

I found that output format very hard to read, and if you want to show 4 lines
why send 3000+ ?