Re: My ISP did only a partial upgrade to 7.20; how can I complete it?

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:05:02 +0200

On Wed April 28 2010 11:11:14 Pete Wilson wrote:
> I have a dedicated server at my ISP. Architecture is x86-64 running Linux
> redhat kernel 2.6.18-164.6.1.el5xen.
>
> I use libcurl.a in every one of my programs.
>
> Someone (maybe cPanel; maybe using the binary RPM) has done an upgrade to
> 7.20 from 7.19. My C code now doesn't compile: the .h files that used to
> be in /usr/include/curl/curl (I think) after a build are not there. Nor
> are they under /opt/curlssl/include/curl/...
>
> The include directory looks like this; root owns all the files and they are
timestamped Dec 16 14:25:
> > pwd
>
> /opt/curlssl/include/curl

So you have two installations of libcurl then. The system one and the locally
compiled one. It's not good idea to mix them together. You just need to
point the applications you compile to the right instance of libcurl. If you
link the system library, you need to use the system headers. If you link the
other library, you need to use the corresponding headers as well.

Kamil