Re: Support of the Web Socket protocol - API

From: Alexandre Morgaut <alexandre.morgaut_at_4d.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 14:31:40 +0200

On 4 mai 2010, at 13:52, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I agree. I would also insert that all these steps are best accomplished by
> first writing up a rough server implementation so that test cases can be
> written and tested while then working on and polishing the client-side
> implementation.

Yes I was going to talk about that too.

There is several Server implementations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Sockets#Server_Implementations

The question is which one or which ones could be used to test the curl client implementation

APE looks very active about it:
http://github.com/APE-Project/

mod_pywebsocket is interesting because it provides an Apache module:
http://code.google.com/p/pywebsocket/