Re: Curl and unicode file:// URLs on windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 10:15:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 May 2010, jonas echterhoff wrote:

> A customer of our product (which uses libcurl) ran into an issue with
> file:// urls and unicode characters. It appears that when there are any
> non-ascii characters in the url, curl will not retrieve the file. Now, how
> does the url need to be encoded for this to work in curl? Or can curl handle
> this at all? I have the feeling it could be necessary for libcurl to use the
> _wopen() function internally instead of _open() on windows. If so, is this
> the right place to submit a bug to get it changed?

Right, I'm sure this is related to what function libcurl uses to open the
file.

Is _wopen() the one to use? I have no idea. Is it available for all compilers
and windows versions?

(Yes, this is the correct place to submit a bug and discuss fixes, but I
personally am Windows-less and Windows-unaware so I don't know these things.)