Re: lib577.c fails to link with --enable-hidden-symbols

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 00:36:28 +0200

On Saturday 15 of May 2010 00:16:15 Daniel Johnson wrote:
> Yes, it builds successfully now and I don't get any test failures. However,

Thanks for the feedback! If I understand, the test has passed in your case,
right?

> I think the last time this happened the code was added to testutil.{c,h}
> instead of linking directly to files in lib. Perhaps that's considered
> cleaner?

I see Dan Fandrich has already pushed a solution for this, so that it should
now compile fine with the upstream git HEAD. The test577 is sort of special
as it's more likely a unit test, than a test focused on libcurl as a library.
I can't imagine any situation where it's better to skip the test, than run it
directly on the module.

Nevertheless I see something similar has already been used elsewhere so that
it may be indeed necessary under some circumstances.

Kamil