Caching the digest response and using it in subsequent request ...

From: Sanjeeth K.G <kg.sanjeeth_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 13:26:54 +0530

Hi There,

i will repeat my question again,

what i wanted to know was, if we employ Digest authentication mechanism the
normal flow would be like this ...

1) Get/Put Request to the server
2) Server would send 401 challenge with WWW-Authenticate header
3) client would calculate the nonce and send with response to the server
with Authorization header with nc=00000001
4) server would grant access assumiong the response was okay and respond
back with 200 OK

my question is if we want to make one more get/put request for the same
server can we include Authorization header which was sent to the previous
401 challenge with nc=00000002, even before the server sends the 401
challenge for this request? there by avoiding one round trip?

if we can achieve with libcurl how can we do it?
if we cannot do this why not?

--
Thanks and Regards
Sanjeeth KG