Re: Fix warnings with VC10 (2010)

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 20:32:07 +0200

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/5/15, Pierre Joye wrote:
>
>>  Please find a patch as attachment to fix some new warnings introduced
>>  but VC10 new header/definition. There are still warnings, mainly due
>>  to deprecated flags, I will try to send a patch to merge my changes to
>>  the makefiles to support all VC6, VC9 or 10.
>>
>>  curl_git_fix_vc10_warnings.txt
>
> -1 to this patch. It will silence compilation warnings but will break
> library internals on VS2010, rendering licurl useless when built with
> VS2010.

Damned, you are right. And that's also ugly. It could be cleaner to
actually use the WSA errors as there are many that are not covered by
BSD socket's errors. I'm not sure we actually use those either, but
that's definitively something that can be done to avoid such issues.

The patch in the other thread about vc10 support (which I miss
completely) works as expected.

Cheers,

--
Pierre