No "completed" callback in libcurl

From: Alex Hudson <alexhudson813_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 19:31:57 -0500

I'm writing a program using PyCurl; however, my problem seems to relate to
the underlying libcurl library, so I'll ask it on this list. I'm using the
libcurl multi interface, and I need some way to determine if a given
transfer has completed. It would be most convenient if I were able to supply
a callback that would be called when the transfer completes; however, there
doesn't seem to be an option for this. The only thing that would seem to be
of use is mentioned in the online docs: "curl_multi_perform(3) stores the
number of still running transfers in one of its input arguments, and by
reading that you can figure out when all the transfers in the multi handles
are done." This doesn't give me the fine-grained level of control that I
need, though. Am I missing something, or is the feature not there?

Thanks,
Alex Hudson