Re: s/bool/int

From: Michael Schuster <michael.schuster_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 06:58:29 +0200

On 25.05.10 00:38, Kamil Dudka wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 of May 2010 00:18:49 Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> To avoid further problems (as fixed the other day by Tor), and since the
>> bool type really doesn't add any value, I'm about to commit and push a
>> large code change. It basically removes all uses of the bool type, the
>> include of stdbool.h and the check for the related stuff from configure
>> etc.
>>
>> Right now: 79 files changed, 767 insertions(+), 803 deletions(-)
>
> I would contend it's a good step to avoid further problems. I see it more
> likely as insensitive decreasing of type safety. Moreover the step is not
> easily revertible. Simply speaking, you can do s/bool/int/ at any point
> later if you really consider it necessary. On the other hand, you can never
> do s/int/bool/ so easily in the future. Just my two cents.

another two cents in support of Kamil's position from me.
Michael

PS: it's been a very busy two weeks for me, so I've been skimming over all
but work-related stuff: can you provide a pointer to the issue you're
referring to for my better understanding? thx

--
michael.schuster@oracle.com	http://blogs.sun.com/recursion
Recursion, n.: see 'Recursion'