libcurl crashes when running inseparate thread with request timeout set

From: Никита Дорохин <kit-d_at_ukr.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 21:58:55 +0300

Hi

I observe strange behaviour which has to do with libcurl (7.15.5, but the same with 7.20) on Linux (RHEL 5).

I have an application with 2 thread running. At some point first thread sends a message to second thread to

get HTTP page. When second thread receives the message it initializes libcurl and sends HTTP GET request

with CURLOPT_TIMEOUT set to 30 sec.

Everything is OK up t the moment when I unplug ethernet cables and restart the application. Name resolving fails, I get:

* name lookup timed out
* Couldn't resolve host 'google.com'
* Closing connection #0
* couldn't resolve host name

After that looks like main thread is not running anymore. It has continious debug printf but no message observed

after timeout in second thread occured.

If I disable CURLOPT_TIMEOUT and restart the application everything works as expected.

Please, help me with the problem.

Nikita.