Re: Windows libcurl with SSH?

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 16:28:17 +0200

Hi christian,
Am 01.06.2010 13:43, schrieb Christian Schmitz:

> Am 30.05.2010 um 22:56 schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
>> http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.20.0_mingw32_libcurl_openssl-0.9.8n_zlib-1.2.3_libssh2-1.2.4_libidn-1.8_dynamic_pvoigt.zip
>
> Thank you.
> I do prefer a static library, so do you know whether this is one compatible with the Visual C from Microsoft?
>
> We used to have a DLL, but we'd like to remove the need of DLLs if possible.
as you can see from the name its build with MingW32, so it is not
compatible with MSVC (same goes for my binaries too); so you have to
build it yourself from sources; but that is really not that hard -
especially not if you build from comamndline rather than messing up with
project files (and thats true for all depend libs too).
So I'd suggest you start with OpenSSL, then build libssh2, and finally
libcurl.
The problem with MSVC builds is that there are meanhwile a lot of
different versions out, and in addition compatiblity also depends on
compile-time switches, so providing binaries makes not much sense.

HTH, Gün.