RE: Determine download speed

From: Patrick K. <cooldie_1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:53:11 +0200

> ... and now you're complicating things without telling us which way you
> prefer. "Download speed" could mean all downloads taken together, or does it
> refer to just one of them?

I'm using the multi interface but I still just want to determine the speed in a callback function. So it is just one single download.

> That you can do, but you need to add up the total amount of data to make it
> right. Or use the progress callback that includes the total size among its
> arguments.

I'm (already) trying to do it but I'm running into a problem again and again.
The callback is called very fast so the precision of seconds is not more enough.
I cannot determine the elapsed time that way. The result will be 0 all the time.

Maybe I could solve it with some functions the Operating System provides, but that is not a real solution for me.

Maybe I could slow down the process but wouldn't that affect the download speed? But I suppose I would slow down it unnecessarily.