DNS timeouts..

From: Ramkumar Ganapathy <forums.ramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:43:11 +0530

Hi,

I am using libcurl with c on linux. I set CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL, option to make
sure that my application do not receive signals. I have not linked to c-ares
library.

Hence as per documentation, I expected the DNS look up to keep going on,
blocking my application thread, after I configured my DNS to drop all the
address resolution request. But, after about 50 seconds, the curl oepration
timesout with DNS resoultion error (curl code 6). Is this an expected
behavior even when c-ares is not installed?

Thanks,
Ram