Re: IPv6 on windows, pocc?

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 12:18:57 +0200

hi Daniel,

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Pierre Joye wrote:
>
>> Reading the changes of the recent libcurl releases I was wondering why the
>> ENABLE_IPV6 define is inside a #if defined(__POCC__). What is it exaclty or
>> is IPv6 not available by default on windows using VC?  I did not check the
>> curl implementation yet.
>
> I don't recall the details but I assume IPv6 has never been made enabled by
> default on any VC version. Isn't IPv6 problematic on the older windows
> versions so enabling ipv6 will make the library not run fine on those?

Yes, IPv6 was not enabled by default (define commented in the config
win32). What I was also wondering is what is POCC, but finally binged
it =) http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/index.htm

I think IPv6 works well with recent windows. I used to enable it for
the PHP's curl binding. I forgot once to enable IPv6, the amount of
bugs report told me that it is actually used and works well enough for
most of the users.

The question is now, why is it enabled only with the Pelles C compiler
and not with VC? Maybe we can enable it only with a given VC version?
(like VC9 and later) by default?

--
Pierre