libcurl timeout issues

From: Paul Ridgway <myself_at_paulridgway.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:58:39 +0100

Hi,

I'm experiencing this weird issue when trying to use libcurl, threads and
timeouts...

To test I've been running only one thread, however the issues are present
using one or twenty.

I am looking into using Libcurl and c-ares to see if that will help,
otherwise here is the problem:

If set CURLOPT_TIMEOUT to anything (I've tried, 30, 120 and 12000) it times
out immedtiately.

Using CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL makes no difference to the outcome, but
with CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL=1 the verbose messages say timeout after -90934592
milliseconds, otherwise it just says "Timeout was reached"

If I do not set CURLOPT_TIMEOUT it works fine, but obviously on a slow
connection it won't time out when I want it to...

Thanks in advance,

Paul