RE: 64-bit libcurl 7.20.1/7.21.0 hangs on AIX61in a calltocurl_multi_perform()

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 23:22:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, Alona Rossen wrote:

> Have you tried to eliminate --enable-debug from your configure settings?

Can you please stop this highly confusing top-posting? It's very hard to
follow what's being discussed.

"My" configure settings don't matter since I can't repeat your issue anywhere
on my machines, and I don't have any of those AIX machines you mention seeing
the problems on. Tor has and he's the guy who mentioned that it worked for him
before in this thread.

"We" (assuming that "you" was directed to us as a team), are just a bunch of
loosely related individuals who work on this project mostly on spare time, and
we (as a project) don't have or own any machines or servers. All test servers
and automated builds and so on are run by volunteers on their machines that
they kindly run and help the project with.

We build, run and test curl and libcurl on a *wide* range of CPUs and
operating systems. You have identified a problem that only seems to occur on a
single OS and only if not built with configure --enable-debug. We don't see it
on other OSes. It makes it a tricky problem to track down, and it does hint
that perhaps the problem isn't actually in the curl code base but in something
in that surrounding...

But to get back on track. To nail this problem, someone who can repeat it
needs to start digging and investigating exactly what goes wrong and why and
how and then we need to fix that!