Re: Custom FTP list command and --disable-http (with patch)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:27:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, Jan Van Boghout wrote:

> When libcurl is configured with "--disable-http", FTP no longer uses the
> custom LIST command set with CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST. This because the
> handling of that option is enclosed in the preprocessor block disabling
> HTTP. I also think that the #endif CURL_DISABLE_HTTP was incorrectly marked,
> as it seems to end the proxy block instead.

I concur and I've pushed your change. Thanks a lot!

> but maybe it's a good idea to separate the FTP and HTTP custom request
> options in the future?

Possibly, but as we've used this combined one since ages we would still need
to support the combined set until we break the ABI (which hopefully means a
very long time) so we need to consider if adding a new option truly adds
value.

IMHO, the main problem here isn't that that we have an option that is used by
several protocols, the problem is that testing and maintaining the
CURL_DISABLE_* #ifdef sets is rather tricky.