Re: Watcom makefiles

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:15:49 +0200

Am 28.07.2010 21:22, schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Guenter wrote:
>
>> seems to me that puts() from Watcom is somehow broken with both OW 1.8
>> and 1.9; I patched src/main.c to use printf() and this makes the
>> version output apear as usual:

>> does anything speak against changing this in our code?
>
> Not that I can think of, but I think a little comment in there might be
> a good idea to explain why puts() is not used...
I cant the heck figure out what goes on here ....
thought I write a little sample to demonstrate the prob, and post that
to the OWC folks, but nope! The sample works fine ....
then I even extended the sample a bit more, compiled with exact same
compiler switches as what is used for curl.exe (I even used same
makefile stripped down to one object file = sample) but in all cases the
output with puts() was correct .....
ATM clueless .....

Gün.