Issue with the static OpenSSL library linking in LibCURL(HTTPS).

From: venkatgiri <venkatgiri.t_at_globaledgesoft.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:33:17 +0530

Hi all,
I'm using the libCURL for the HTTPS protocol where i'm sending my client
certificate and client key will be sent to the server. I'm using the
following APIs of the CURLlib to set the client certificate and the
client key,

1) curl_easy_setopt(handle_t, CURLOPT_SSLCERT, "/tmp/cli_cert_file.pem")
2) curl_easy_setopt(handle_t, CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE,"PEM")

The above two APIs used for setting the client certificates and the
certificate TYPE

3) curl_easy_setopt(handle_t, CURLOPT_SSLKEY, "/tmp/cli_key.pem");
4) curl_easy_setopt(handle_t, CURLOPT_SSLKEYTYPE,"PEM");

The above two APIs used for setting the client key and the key TYPE

If i use a static openSSL(libssl.a) library then i'm giving the run time
error that is,
_"Unable to set private key file "/tmp/cli_key.pem" _

though the file cli_key.pem file is present in the /tmp directory.

If i use the a shared library of the openSSL(libssl.so) then i'm not
seeing this error and is working fine.

Can some one tell me why this error i'm getting if i use the static
library? Does CURL doesn't support the static openSSL library, it
requires only shared library of OpenSSL.

--
Regards,
Venkatgiri