RE: IBM z/OS support for curl-ibrary?

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 18:26:01 +0200

> STH-D_at_t-online.de wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody knows if the curl library has been ported
to IBM's mainframe operating system (z/OS)?
> IBM itself has ported CURL
(http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/features/unix/ported/suptlk/inde
x.html) but unfortunately is not delivering the library.

There is a mainframe TPF port and an OS400 port.
AFAIK, these are the only ports that support EBCDIC.

I did the OS400 port, but I don't know anything about zOS.
MF people (cobolists) at my office do not know C enough to enter in
libcurl code. They also told me that (in our situation) we have to take
CICS into account... but may be this is not the case for you.

I suggest you check these 2 ports (in this order) if they fit your
needs. Else you have to start your own port.

Please also note that the curl command is built on top of the library.
Thus from what you write, IBM has probably achieved something, although
they do not make it available.

Cheers,
Patrick