cmake, msvc, openssl, sspi and Curl 7.21.0

From: Paul Harris <harris.pc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 13:49:53 +0800

Hi all,

First question, I found the Makefile.vc9 file, but I notice that the
instructions for the Platform SDK (for sspi.h) give a website address
that is no longer valid.
So, is this platform SDK the one I want?
"Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1"
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C17BA869-9671-4330-A63E-1FD44E0E2505

I also notice that the paths refer to zlib 1.2.3 (1.2.5 is now
available), and openssl-0.9.3g (version 1.0 is now available).  Should
these be updated to the new versions?

As for CMake:

I'm trying to build 7.21.0 with MSVC90 (2008), on Vista(32-bit) using CMake.
I notice that the CMake configuration has changed someone since 7.19,
and a lot of the things I have to enter manually (eg  the OpenSSL
libraries) are now hidden in Advanced.
Once I had entered all the information, including the OpenSSL include
folder, I noticed an error message that it could not find
openssl/rand.h
ie HAVE_OPENSSL_RAND_H
even though its definitely in the openssl include folder.
I had a look at the CMakeLists.txt, and I suspect the reason is that
the openssl include folder is NOT added before it tests for rand.h
BUT, then I noticed something more serious... It looks like SSPI
support has been commented out !
My goal is to build a static libcurl so that it can work through NTLM
proxies.  Do I need OpenSSL for SSPI+NTLM ?   How can I ensure that
SSPI is enabled ?

thanks
Paul