RE: Trying not to wait for reply

From: Jess Hmby <tyo7_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:13:50 +0200

> Are you sure it is HTTP?
>
> With HTTP, your client says something like:
>
> GET /some/thing HTTP/1.0
> Host: your.server.name
> Some-Header: some value
>
> and your server responds with:
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Something: blah
> [...]
>
> But it sounds like you are saying that your server does not reply to
> the client at all, (i.e. nothing like "HTTP/1.1 200 OK...") but rather
> connects to a third machine and does something which has nothing to do
> with the connection between the first client and the server. If I
> understand you correctly, it is not HTTP.

Yes, I know, but I programmed my server so it would send that reply (HTTP 200 OK) to the third machine instead of the client. Then, this third machine sends the HTTP 200 OK (or any other HTTP format reply) back to the client. So you are right, my server does not send a reply to the client. I use HTTP messages but I do not follow the common request-reply sequence between client and server