Re: [Patch] small HTTP POST Progress callback

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 00:28:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Julien Chaffraix wrote:

> Thanks Daniel! I actually had thrown out the test case and rewrote it
> copying test565 and it worked. Please, find it attached.

Great! I had to tweak it somewhat to make it work more reliably. The progress
callback can so easily get called a different number of times depending on
exact timing so I've instead made it log a line only when the upload numbers
change.

> I am not sure the results make sense as the data is 38 bytes long but the
> progress displays a final 66 bytes (we likely add progress for the
> authentication and / or the chunk part) but at least it covers this case -
> and is showing progress now.

The 66 bytes are those 38 bytes with the chunked encoding headers added:

8+8+10+35+5 = 66

The three-letter words become 8 bytes on the wire because they are sent like:

3\r\n
one\r\n

... and there's the trailing 5 bytes write after the four lines since the
final chunk is sent (which is "0\r\n\r\n").